EASTER, SNOW, AND CASTLE HUNTING


I'm trying to get in a little journal entries in between these place reviews but I'm having a hard time keeping up. Today we had playgroup at the house and the kids got to dye eggs. There weren't as many eggs as I would have hoped but dye them we did and some of them turned out fine. Emily and I had to go to Costco to get duck eggs (chicken eggs here are all brown). The eggs didn't accept the dye as well as chicken eggs do--I think it has something to do with the non porous surface. Duck eggs are really smooth. Before they are boiled they are a beautiful white with a little pink hue. I can just imagine beautiful white ducks nestled down with these eggs and it's a very pretty picture. Too bad I come along and buy the eggs, effectively killing them off....hmm. Anyway, I was surprised and pleased at how many people actually sludged here in the snow. Props to Joy, Jenna, and Christy especially for their walk in the bitter wind and snow. Props also to Melissa and Emily for getting out in the snow with two little ones and for Katrina who's due date with NC is a scant two weeks away. Well done, ladies! Despite the dyeing hiccups, I think it went rather well. Tonight we're having some girls back over to stuff eggs for the hunt on Saturday, which looks as though it is definitely going to have to take place in the chaplaincy--especially if today's snow is any indication. I still can't believe its snowing. I'm mad enough to completely ignore it.
We're excited for Easter break none-the-less, as we're taking our first trip across the country to the west coast to see the famous Eilean Donan castle and Urquhart castle on Loch Ness on the way back. If we have time we'll also check out Inverness castle and cathedral, Ballindalloch castle, Balvenie castle, and Auchindoun castle. That's a lot. We'll see.
Cheers,
Rachel

3 comments:

Kate E said...

Wish I could have dyed eggs with you! I'm very excited about the egg hunt on Saturday. We'll pray for sun!

trina said...

Thanks for the props! We had fun today!

Christy said...

We had a great time. Joshua especially likes his egg. He has asked for an Easter Egg sandwich for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for all the effort to make it a great day. We weren't gonna miss it over a little snow...

Post a Comment